Wednesday, February 22, 2006

My first skirt


After that summer time, the opportunities to dress were very rare.
But something that never crossed my mind was about to happen. During a family trip, we visited a handicraft store, they were selling a nice wood trunk, with a lock, and a hidden compartment. I bought it mainly since it looked really cool. Unfortunately I have no pic, and my parents throw it away, it got infested with termites.
Well, months after buying it, my family went through the old stuff cleaning (every several months, we would go on giving away toys, clothes and stuff we no longer used). Well that time I saw that my sister was putting one of her skirts on the giveaway box, a skirt that actually fitted me, and later that day an opportunity I have never thought off appeared, I was left alone in the house for a little time with the boxes with the stuff ready, but still not closed. I raced to the box with clothes, and quickly looked for the skirt, Silly me I only took that item, when easily I could have taken more, but in such a hurry I didn’t occurred to me. And then as quickly hide it in the trunk. My family returned, later closed the boxes and took them to charity.
That night I couldn’t think of anything else, than what was lying at the bottom of the trunk, I had a skirt, that in a way I could say it was my own. My first piece of girly clothing.
Unfortunately, there were not too many opportunities to wear it, I still needed to be home alone, and on those occasions I would try to go for the whole outfit. It helped since was one less piece of clothing to be careful about returning to a specific place and position.
I risk a few times, taking it with me to the bathroom hidden under a towel or coat, and a few times I stayed awaked until I was sure everyone was sleeping on put it on (but that was not as exciting since I had to do it in the dark). Soon it just stayed there, hidden at the bottom of the trunk. In a way that felt bad.
Then one night I risked it too much, as usual I stayed awake as long as possible, and being sure everyone was fully asleep, I put the skirt on, and just sit on my bed in the dark, at some point I just went to sleep. Next morning I awake, and as I was stretching out, still in bed I noticed something different, Oh my god, I still had the skirt on, and there were noises coming from the kitchen, what if my parents just passed by my bedroom and saw it. I took it out and hide it as quick as possible, then went over to say good morning, that was one of my most terrifying morning, not knowing was a terrible feeling, fortunately they didn’t saw anything, so that time I was safe.
No matter what I would always remember my first skirt. And probably you are asking, how was the skirt like, it was a just below the knee, blue tabbed skirt, with buttons by the side.

No comments: