Monday, July 31, 2006

When is Jessica's birthday???

When is Jessica's Birthday



Stop, before you say “Happy Birthday” it is not today, at least not my biological one.

Why am I doing this question??? Is it some kind of philosophical question that needs to be resolved for the existence of Jessica?? Or is it just some morbid attempt to seek attention?? Or simply a silly doubt?? For me it is just a silly doubt, which I will approach later in the post.

Before I will explain why do I ask it today?? Well during weekend a couple of people send a request to add my birthday to some birthday reminder thingy. And I could easily put the date of my biological birth as human being. But no, instead I started asking myself about it.

But the question still remains?? Is that date, also the date of birthday of Jessica??? Or is Jessica’s birthday some other date during the year???

The easier part will be to say both sides of me share birthdays, being that Jessica only exist in the little moments I let her express by dressing and as a shadow identity on this unreality of Internet, then it would be no problem if Jessica has the same date of birthday as the boy, since its not like she will have to attend a party. So the biological-mind entity will have to be happy with the birthday as boy.

But what if Jessica doesn’t like it, what if she prefers a quiet party with cake and tea, instead of pizza and beer as her counter-ego?? What if she better go see a movie with a couple of friends than going to dance and get drunk like the boy??? What if in a future Jessica does start to exist beyond the limits imposed to herself so far?? What if she even met people to celebrate with??? Jessica will have to accept the fact, that she shares the body with the boy entity, and such body can’t be in two places at the same time, or even more difficult show both aspects at the same time. So having the same birthday date as the boy might be complicated.

Plus, if when creating my female side, I was capable of selecting name, why can I select date of birth. Plus is not like I am making myself younger by saying I was born in 1984 instead of the actual year I was born, at most is a couple of weeks. Right??? And other thing is if I select a different date (at least one month different) to be Jessica’s birthday I can have two birthday party per year.

And if I decide to select a different date to be Jessica’s birthday, which date would that be?? Would it be the date I first try a female piece of clothing (which by the way I don’t remember even the exact year)??, or would it be when first fully dressed? Or the date I bought my first girl clothing?? Or the date I decided to call myself Jessica?? Or would it be the date of the start of this new phase??

But then what happens if someone that already knows the boy met the girl side, or vice-versa, is not like that person is going to be too convinced to say “happy Birthday” to me twice per year.

Maybe I am just complicating myself a lot with this, since no matter how much I thought about it, I can’t come with a decision. When is Jessica’s birthday?? When and why??

Kisses
A confused and silly Jessica

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

a good question though.
when you do find out let me know.
hugs
Jessica

J. said...

You can always share mine... first of February, dead of winter. Best time of the year to celebrate in your own way.