Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Starry Coral

Starry Coral

Starry Coral


AS I told you, on the second day I got the opportunity to snorkel in Blue Hole

When it was time for snorkelers to go down, as I aproached the jumping point, the girl in front didn't want to jump, she was saying something but I was unable to understand. with sign she left me go into water, me thinking she maybe got scared, and decided not to snorkel.

I jump in as if nothing, and the the other person already in the water makes me signs to look down. And WOW, I saw something I was never expecting to see. Inmediately I understood why the gir was hesitant to jump (she finally did jump into the ocean)

There, like 10 meters top, below us, 3 sharks.
Yes sharks, like the ones that eat people (well only according to movies and very rare encounters)
Noy big sharks, more like medium ones, from 1 meter to 1.5 meters long, and I suppose of a species not too dangerous to humans, ince all snorkelers and divers went down at that point.

Even so, it was impressive , that first thing you see after jumping into water is 3 sharks, swimming in circles under your feet.

After that, we went snorkelling on the top of the reer, which was amazing, lots, and lots of different fishes, and in much bigger sizes and groups than on reefs closer to land.

The second best place I have snorkeled so far, first place still belongs to Chinchorro. But the sharks definitively win the "Wow moment" leaving it too close to become my fav.


Kisses
Jessica, who have swam among sharks
:D

Ps, the photo, some starr-like formed coral, or like deer-horn. Me liked how thye look, but was cautious for it sure hurts if you get hit into them.

No comments: