Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Peten Itza Lake

Lago Peten Itza

Peten Itza Lake

Well I am back after one week away on Vacations, for the Holly Week

I made a whole circle around on my trip.

Lets see, I started on my island, friday night at 9pm, from there a bus to Chetumal at the east, where I arrived at 4am, well most of the time was sleeping on the bus, so really didnt felt time passing, of course, not the best way to sleep.

At 5 am, take the bus from Chetumal to Flores,Guatemala, to the south and a little bit to the west. Arriving around 2pm.

Once in Flores, Guatemala, had to wait a little time, that was good, I took the time to eat, and stretch the legs a bit.

Took one of the boats to the Lookout point, from where one can see almost all the Peten Itza Lake.

The photo is my attempt (badly done) to do a panorama with Photostitch, one can easily see (even in this small version) where the photo join points are.

Other is since my flickr account is of the free ones, the maximum side has to be 1200 pixels, so it looks all tiny. But still one can see the lake, the island of Flores, a couple more islands, the town of SantaElena, and a bit of jungle.

No comments: