Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Lost wishes

Deseos Perdidos

Lost wishes

- Do you remember the tree by the other side of the gorge, the one we used to played when we were kids - asked Ana

- Of course I do, it was from that tree fall than Juan broke her leg, I still can hear the scream from my mother that day.

- And do you remember the day we met there with Mario?

- The day of that letter?

- Yes, that we didn't know to whom it was addressed, and turned out neither of us.

- Sure I do, that day I didn't know whether to cry of embarrassment because I grew the illusion of the letter being for me, or to boil in anger after discovering it was for neither of us.

- You know, the other day I talked to Mario, and he told me that the letter was actually for you.

- How? Then why did he said he was actually expecting someone else?

- Apparently he wanted you to go alone, so when he saw me there too he got too nervous and shy that it was the only thing he could think of saying.

- O silly Mario, and to think we were so thrilled that one of us had received her first love interest letter, and sure it would had been flattering on the case it was for me, and even would have cheered with joy if it was for you, but truth be told, I actually didn't like Mario.

- I did like him - said Ana as a small shy tear appeared on her eye.

No comments: