Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Zombie Jessica

Today’s post is going to be on something different, but is something I like, Its HORROR MOVIES, and I intend to put several post of what horror movies I like

I’ll start with
George Romero’s Night of the Living Dead



see the Technical Note at IMDB

If you haven’t seen it, go rent it and see it before I start telling you about it, believe me when I say it, "THIS IS THE BEST ZOMBIE MOVIE EVER"


Once warned

The plot starts with Barbara and his brother gong to a cemetery, when suddenly they are attacked by dead people, to survive Barbara runs into a farm house, where Ben saves her from inside zombies, during the day more living people arrive to the house, apparently this zombie thing is everywhere. While trying to defend themselves from the zombies outside, all the people inside the house start a fight for control and power, which along with the zombies will kill them all
Now, why is this movie so great, first it was shoot in Black and White, with add extra tension and realism to the scenes, The action starts from the first minute on to the last one, zombies all the time, the characters are in danger all time.
Second, it has a great amount of psychological-sociological background, the control struggle, the shock, and the survival instinct. I mean, they could have take all the zombie stuff out, and still you would have a great drama, add lots of zombies, and is HEAVEN
Plus the ending, wow, I couldn’t seen it coming to that (By the way, there was a later remake, with a different finale, which I talk about in other post)
Finally, the Zombies, I mean, they start all over, and even slow and stupid as they seem, are an extremely effective killing species. They just keep coming at you, no matter what, and they look so terrifying yet so human.


Death Kisses
Zombie Jessica


No comments: