Thursday, April 06, 2006

Shoe shopping, a little embarrasing experience



Well last weekend , since I was out of town, I thought. "Hey Jessica, it`s going to be easier, to shop shoes here, since nobody knows you"
SoI look through several shoe stores.
But problem number one.
Here in the south of the country people are shorter, especially women. So the bigger shoe size was 1 size smaller than the ones that kind of fit me.
Well, I thought lets risk it, worst thing they don`t fit. And some model weren`t expensive.

So there I go into the shoestore. And tell the saleslady, "Hi, I want to buy some shoes", so sheask "Show me which ones", and start walking towards the display area, but to the male shoes area, so I have to quickly tell her, "mm, its over here", At that point she went ok, but a lady over there look at us with a strange look.

So I guide her, and she asks "what size", and as soon as I said the "6.5" she turns her head to look at me in a little surprised way, I just thought it was for being a little uncommon for anyone, even women for ask that size.

So she goes behind the counter, and upstairs to look for the shoes, meanwhile I wait her by the counter, without sitting down to wait. She arrives, and hands me one shoe and extend her arm as if telling me to go to the seatting area, (my guess she was still hopping I was taking the shoe to someone else).

But when I told her, "Can you bring the other one and the box", then she gave me the most terryfing look, then she went over the counter, looked down to my feet area, and went inside to bring the box. (at that point I wanted to become invisible).
She returned, I looked the shoes for a few secs, and then told her I was buying. Paid and went out.

I`m sure she must have alredy forget it, but for me, that shopping, was a really embarrassing one.

Kisses
Jessica

Oh, the shoes do fit me, but only for pic purposes, they don`t fit me well enough to walk.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jessica
They will look great on you.
I'm going to be off line till after easter. Keep safe and take care girl
Love and hugs
Jessica

Rachel said...

Brave Girl! Well done. Lovely shoes.

Jessica Sweet TV said...

Thanks Rachel and Jessica.

Anonymous said...

Oooh, nice shoes!

I can't believe you say you're shy and paranoid, but you manage to do something like that!

That's something I've never done, I always buy my shoes online, or from shops that display all the sizes so I can just pick them up and pay for them. :-)

Jessica Sweet TV said...

Becky I was terrified.
But if it wasn´t for the big size, probably the saleslady would never give me weird looks.
Perhaps its easy for me, to buy something, a simple economic transaction (well not that much)
But going out and posting my face still creeps me out, unlike you.