Thursday, June 29, 2006

Driving Miss Jessica

Driving Miss Jessica


I know, I know, I am a vain girl, posting all the pictures first and leaving the adventure telling for the end, Maybe it is some kind of subversive marketing plot, jejeje. Or just was the chronological order of the pics.

Well here it goes. So you have seen that this weekend I dress up, and took some pics, after that I decided to relax a little by seeing a movie thinking that by the end of it I would took make-up and clothes off and go to sleep.

But no, some kind of evil demon put some crazy thought on my mind, so as I power down the DVD thingie, I start thinking about doing something really really stupid. So I grab the camera bag, and put keys, wallet and cell phone in it, and head to the door.

A last sense of carefulness appeared, as I reached the window, to see if the neighbors were outside their homes chatting, but the street seemed to be all empty. And so I did it, I opened the door, and let Jessica see the outside world. I stood at the door frame for a second, a last chance to go back, and not do such stupid risky thing, but my legs decided to do the opposite, and gave the first step to the outside.

I closed my home door and run to the car, as quickly and ladylike as possible I jump inside. Sitting there I had one last thought, one last moment to stop that nonsense and go back home. Starting to think of all the fears of doing it. What if at a crossing someone sees me, what if that person recognize me, what if a police car stop me, or the worst happens and I crash??. For a second those thoughts were struggling in my mind. But the last drop of craziness finally got its way, and slowly my hand turned the car engine on. Brrrm, that sound put me into driving mode.

Check the lights, adjust seatplace (yep, had to put it a little back, guess the heels add length to my feet), adjust mirrors, fasten seatbelt, first gear, and ready to go, Brrrruuum, and there goes Jessica driving the car. All full of fears but driving for her first time in life.

So there I go, two blocks down, then turn left, one block, left again, just trying to get myself to take a little ride around the block, so sooner than expected I am back at the street I live. I was like "Eh, what, the ride is over, but I was having so much fun, no,no, I want more" and listening to my crazy mind, I stepped the gas pedal, and leave home and a little bit of my fears of driving behind.

And so there I went, every time riding a few more blocks away, worrying when at corners I had to stop as I waited for the other cars to pass by, worried when at one corner with a taco stand, people there turned their heads to look at me (well to tell the truth I was more worried maybe one of them was someone who knew me, fortunately all were strangers to me), and worried when at one corner a boy in his truck waived to me, letting me pass even when he had preference to go first (that was a confidence boost, guess from far, inside the car and little light, he thought I was a girl). Worried when later I stopped at some point and took a few pics of me inside the car, this one being the less ugly one.

So I drove for around 30 minutes, well not sure really about how much time, but that is my guess. As I come back close to home, checked no-one was around, and park the car. Go down, and open the door and run back inside to safety, out from the eyes of whoever might pass by. (Actually a car went by as I was opening the door, but most they would see was my back, so no problem there, I think)

And so ends the adventure of Driving Miss Jessica.

Kisses
A driving girl
Jessica

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sweet have a great weekend
and have fun
love
jessica