Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Names and Chihiro



There is a movie I like a lot, In Spanish its called "El viaje de Chihiro" and under it says "Sen No Chihiro" which I suppose is the phonetic form of the original name. In USA was released like "Spirited Away"

I really can't say enough to express the beauty of this movie to convince you to watch it, it's really a piece of art, and a perfect work of animation. So trust me, and watch it.

But lets go to the part I want to share, that I like for what I posted for the history of my name, and why I decided to select Jessica based on the common letter to my boy name

At some point Haku tell Chihiro the following
"Yubaba steals people's names in order to control them. If you had lost your name, then you wouldn't know how to return home."

Shows how important a name is, in case of Chihiro, remembering her name, was a pass to freedom, the last link to the outside world she came from.

For me, selecting Jessica over other names was in a way, a link between both sides of me, a little bit of control over that side, a point to return back to the boy name.

Probably my rant is starting to sound senseless, but it's my rant

Kisses
Jessica
:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Spirited Away is one of my favorite films ever. The train journey sequence alone is one of the most stunningly evocative sequences ever commited to film.

And yes your link to your name makes sense. :-)