Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Exploring the jungle at Calakmul

Jungle in Calakmul






A few shots of the Jungle
As I told in the previous pic, Calakmul is not only an Archeological Site, its also a Jungle Biological Reserve.

Its big, they told me how big, but I have bad memory so I forgot the exact figure, and I am too lazy too look it in Internet.

Wow, while going out , an to the town, it started raining, wow, It was massive rain, could barely see. And as you can see in pics, a few hours before not even the most remote hint of such rain.

Ok, now to explain the images.

Top Left, is some tree-branch formation , I just liked the texture and shape it has.

Top Middle, a view from top of outer Piramid, you can see the top of other two pyramids, and how green the jungle looks from above.

Top Right, one of the few areas of jungle that you could walk easily, love the green in the floor.

Bottom Left, one of the road inside the jungle, really great to hear the sounds of birds, and to spot an ocasional squirrel.

Bottom Center, view from top of Main pyramid, easier to see top of the other pyramid in front at Main Acropolis in Calakmul.

An Bottom Right, a view of a part of the jungle, not so easy to walk in there, pretty thight.

I really enjoyed this, looking into all those greens, so many plants, the sounds of the wild, just amazing, so different to where I used to live, where green only was seen on cactus.

Kisses
Jessica, the jungle explorer

For the full size image go here
http://static.flickr.com/65/221965729_a4f9824602_b.jpg

No comments: