Thursday, December 07, 2006

Historical, and an embarrasing experience while bra shopping.

Historical, and an embarrasing experience while bra shopping.



Yep, another historical post and to close to the last one.

Ok, so after buying a dress that was way too small for me, and the failed dressing session, I realized one thing, I needed to go shopping for bigger clothes, and things that could be more easy to fit. Perhaps using two pieces instead of one.
I went and made a list of things I thought might work, ok a skirt with elastic waistband, easier to calculate size and stretch just in case. Next would need a blouse, and decided to try with a top, one of those spandex material might be easier to fit. that would work for a start.
So one day in the in-between times between lecture hours, I jumped into the car, and headed downtown, quite sure not to run into any classmates.
But wow, I was so nervous, I was able to saw quite some skirts and tops like the ones I was looking, even saw in one store a matching set, in pretty purple tones, but I was too afraid, could make myself, ask any of the salesperson to sell me those in large size. I went back to school after a while, a coward.
A few days later I tried buying again but in one of the big stores (walmart-like), of course selection of clothes is way too small, but its easier to locate size and just go pay. That day I managed to get a dark brown skirt. Back at home I tried it, and it fit perfectly, but still it felt incomplete.
The skirt remained hidden and locked for some weeks, before in another store I Managed to see and buy a top, it was a black top, with little light brown flower details around neck and one side of waist. And with the material it fitted perfectly.
So I waited a few more days to have the place alone for me for a couple of hours, took a quick shower, and the put on the skirt, the top, and went around the room almost all girly. But there was one thing that was wrong, the boy underwear, it felt wrong under the skirt, even if it was not noticeable. So I had a new thing to buy then.
First I thought, that would be like with the skirt and top, but as proof of how my mind played with me, it felt so different walking by the aisles of skirt, dresses and blouses, than walking on the aisle of panties, bras and other undies. I couldn't get courage to stop and start looking, I tried 3 times, and 3 times, I just passed by without buying a thing.
But sometimes is funny how things work, I went a few days latter to buy socks for the boy-side in another store, and on my way to pay, I passed by a stand that had a packs of 3 cotton panties, easily identifying sizes, it was so easy to just grab one and head to pay. And without worries, suddenly not only I had one, but three girly undies.
Days waiting for me to be alone and finally dress up all girly, were a big stress, every hour thinking, "I want to dress"
The day finally arrived, and it was super, being fully in girl clothes, my white cotton panty, mi dark brown skirt, the black top, walking around the house, having a snack, watching a bit of tv, do some homework, all being Jessica again, it felt like if something that was sleeping decided to wake up, making me happy.
And feeling so great I tried anytime I was alone at home and sure my housemate was not to return, during that time.
But little problem when dressed I started thinking, now I need more things, like girly shoes, bit of lipstick, a bra, accessories, perhaps more clothing.

Well in one of the malls there was this lingerie store, so I thought crazy idea, that it perhaps was more easy to go buy the bra there. Ask for help to any of the sale-ladies, like if buying for a gift.
But oh no, how mistaken I was, that was going to be one of the most embarrassing experiences to have when buying girl clothes.
So one day, morning I decided to give it a try, as I was approaching I saw one mannequin with a really nice set of panty and bra in a light blue tone, very pretty that I decided right there, that was the one I would ask.
I enter, good thing the store was empty, only the saleslady, she immediately looked toward the door, and made a expression of "A boy in here, the enemy, defend position" , mm, perhaps not that much, but sure her eyes were saying I was a stranger there, even if her voice was saying "Good morning, how may I help you??"
I asked about the set on the display window, she said the price, and I asked it for a large size, she walked toward one of the hangers, and started moving them, she took a box of what seemed to be the panty, and then she asked, "And what bra size???"
And then my brain froze, I didn't knew what size, all I could think and say was "Large", she said, "Well there is no just large size in bra, you need chest and cup size".
Cup size I knew what cup size were, but certainly I was less than cup A, but I could go with a C cup, and fill it with something, but what about chest size??, I didn't even knew they were measured in 32,34,36. On my mind all I was able to think about sizes were small, medium and large.
Guess all that thinking took long and my expression hinted the sales lady I didn't knew what she was talking about. So she said, "Well bra sizes go like 34B, 36B, 36 C, do you know the bra size of the woman you buying it for??"
And all my mouth was able to say was "MM, I know it's large" Up to this point I might have looked a bit silly, but nothing out of the extraordinary.
She then said "Well why don't you go find out what size, and then return to buy the whole set?", that was it the opportunity to walk away without looking silly, and even return later after doing bit of research about sizes.
But no, in all my nervousness, instead I did something stupid, I stayed there, saying "but there should be one size that is equivalent to large, It can work if I buy that??"
She then gave me an angry look, like saying "you wasting my time here boy", before repeating again everything about the bra sizes.
Finally realizing that to buy the bra, I would need to know the sizes, I asked to buy only the panty and return later. And perhaps that seemed weird to her (and know that I think of it, it does not seem the logical thing to do), that she finally lost her patient and helpful behavior.
She said something about loosing her times, that why I was so eager to buy without knowing size, and perhaps she said more, but that kind of finally put my common sense back on command, that I just walked outside just barely saying thanks.
Of course I never returned, and as a matter of fact, during my stay in that city, I never bought a bra.

Ok, enough of past post for today.

Kisses
Silly Jessica

No comments: