Thursday, August 23, 2007

Flooding and Rain

Flooding and Rain

Flooding and Rain

Well, the last couple of days I was grounded at home.
Why???

Because the Hurricane Dean.

The Island I live, was in the zone for the red alert for The Hurricane, so one day out of work, for us to go home, and hope it didn't hit too hard.

Well, luckily, from a category 5 hurricane, it went quickly down to a Category 2, and even 1 hurricane, when being close to us. They said it passed by 87 kilometers to the north.

Lots of rain, lots of wind, some areas of the city were flooded, luckily mine not.

It was my first Hurricane, And what impressed me the most was how fast the wind was going, the trees. And it was on its very weak state, I don't want to imagine how it is like when at full strength.

just to see, I uploaded this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knN7u99ljpM

Another way, was seeing the clouds after the rain went out, they crossed the sky really fast.

Kisses
Jessica, who saw her first Hurricane

No comments: