Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Looking Up

Looking Up

Looking Up

Living my childhood in a city where hot weather was rare, we only had one air-fan, of the little ones that we put over a table.
Then at some time, we were going very often to a city called Tampico, near the sea, with a very hot weather.
So at some point my dad bought some ceiling fans.

They just hang from the ceiling, along with the lamp, just going around, moving the air. Not a big thing. They served their purpose, to keep us a bit cooler.
Then it was time to go to sleep, to bed, and the moment I saw that fan, just hanging there, above my head, moving its blades in circles to create air.

But my mind had another idea, my imagination set free decided to give me images of the ceiling fan, coming down, spinning, and to cut my head, my brains and blood all over the room.
I know what a creepy thing to think, but that was me.
And so, I would stare at it, as long as I could stay awake, ready to jump off the bed the moment that deathly thing came down.

Of course, I didn't die of the attack of the spinning fan. But for a time, that thing really scared me.

Kisses
Jessica

No comments: