Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Coffee and Pie

Coffee and Pie

Coffee and Pie

Where was I??? Oh yes, I was about to come down the car to go into a nice restaurant in Merida, all in doubt, fear and excitement. But I was there, it was my opportunity to do a more normal activity, and so I went out the car.
The walk to the restaurant, trying to pull myself together, It is nice to have the doors open for me. and there the first face to face to other people. The entry man at the restaurant, and a waiter standing there.
I saw them looking toward us (yes they have to see the new clients) I know they said something , but couldn't properly distinguish what. All I saw was the hand of one of them pointing towards the tables.
As we walked toward the designated table, we passed 2 tables with people, first one they didn't look, they were happy eating, next one indeed the man sit there took a look at us three.
Which side of the table to sit down?? should I sit on the one facing the door, where everyone entering would see my face, but I would be abel to see people enter?????, or should I chose the one giving my back, where only the very few who walked to the very last table would see me, but also I would not see much????. I decided to be able to see people ocme inside the place :D
My friend sit next to me, and the host left us there. I wanted to turn my face to see if he had any reaction once he left away, but that would have been so obvious, so I didn't.
Then came a boy, to leave the menu, for what I could notice, he barely looked at us. I looked through it, and find they served lemon pie, yumiii, me likes it. AS I was looking my friend asked me what I wanted. I think she probably wanted to tell the waiter the order for both of us.
I could have let that be the case, easier to pass if I didn't talk, but then I would be a mute girl. SO I asked my friend, "can I order myself???".
A waitress arrived then (a really cute girl) My friend ordered, and then it was time for me to talk. The girl looked towards me, and I, trying to lower my voice, started saying, "A lemon pie and a cofee", hoping my voice was not too hard (to sound so boyish), hoping my voice was not too low (that she couldn't hear me, and I had to talk again).
But she was able to hear me, as she repeated what we ordered. Then she left, with no reaction I could notice. Was I really passing??? Or was I so nervous that I couldn't notice???. Later she returned to leave what we ordered, being all nice.
My friend and I were talking, a really nice chat, and also a bit of an important one, about one part of Jessica and telling someone about.
Then a family (couple and a little boy) and the waitress were walking toward us, I was nervous, would they have a reaction to me?? but they just walk by next to us (the woman indeed look toward us) and sit in the table next to us (the one to my back).
That put me into a thought, either they didn't notice, or they didn't care, or they were too lazy to walk to a table far away from me.
The waitress returned later, with another girl, to let us know that her shift was over, that the new girl was now our waitress.
Then came time to go away, ask for the bill, my friend left me alone for a little moment, and then to go to the cashier to pay, and back outside. By then it was already night time.

So how that part of the adventure went, except from the beginning when I was too nervous, I enjoyed the rest of it.
Didn't notice any reaction of the few people that saw me, or talk to me.
And I had a really nice time talking to my friend. I really liked doing this.
Was it possible that I indeed passed as a girl??? or I waas just unaware of any reaction and so I didn't notice??? Or the people just didn't care,???
My friend later told me that she indeed looked to see if the waitress had any reaction once she left the table, and said she didn't saw any.

Kisses
Jessice

Is there more to this adventure, or did it end there????

No comments: